- Free street parking is available for one hour on both sides of 6th Street for the full length of our block and the block to our east.
- If you cannot find a space on 6th street, or if you need to be in the school for longer than 75 minutes, you can park in the WBSM parking lot immediately behind our house. We have seven spaces marked by three signs that advertise parking for WBSM students and faculty only.
- If you don’t need to park in our lot, please use street parking to leave space for other students and faculty who need to be in the building for longer than 75 minutes.
- Do not under any circumstances park in the lot to the west of our parking lot as your vehicle may get towed.
- One of our spaces is a handicapped space and you are free to park in that space if it is the last one remaining. Since ours is a private lot, you are in no danger whatsoever of receiving a ticket from the City of Minneapolis. If you use the handicapped space, please check in at our front desk to alert us.
- If you park in the WBSM lot and you are not in the building for music instruction or to wait for a student for whom you are providing transport, your vehicle may get towed.
From the West:
Hwy 94 eastbound to 35W North. Take the Washington Ave exit. Turn right onto Washington, which bends to the south and becomes Cedar Ave. Continue on Cedar to Sixth, then left on Sixth to 1813 South 6th Street.
From the South:
Take 35W North. Exit at Washington Ave. Turn right onto Washington, which bends to the South and becomes Cedar Ave. Continue on Cedar to Sixth, then left on Sixth to 1813 South Sixth Street.
From the East:
Hwy 94 West to the Cedar Ave exit in Minneapolis. Right onto Cedar to Sixth. Right on Sixth to 1813 South Sixth Street.
From the North:
Take 35W South. Exit at Washington Ave. Turn left onto Washington, which bends to the South and becomes Cedar Ave. Continue on Cedar to Sixth, then left on Sixth to 1813 South Sixth Street.
Area landmarks and public transportation.
At 1813 South Sixth Street in the West Bank (also known as the Cedar Riverside area) of Minneapolis, West Bank School of Music is across the street from Freewheel Bike Shop. We are centrally located near the University of Minnesota, Augsburg College, Highways 94 and 35, Hiawatha Ave, the Cedar Riverside Light Rail station, Franklin Ave, and downtown Minneapolis. We are near the #16 and #22 bus lines.